Taking Things Literally

One aspect of being on the autism spectrum is the fact that you take things literally, and I wish I could better know when to take things literally and when not to. If you're wondering what I mean, it's pretty much as I described: if someone says something to me, I will probably take it literally. This means that I don't always catch sarcasm, or jokes told in a deadpan manner. What an odd symptom this is! It's the one symptom of autism spectrum disorder that bothers me the most. It's so strange. It's something I will discuss with my counselor, a therapist with experience treating people with autism.

I guess the moral of the story is, I can easily be taken advantage of?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Struggle of Eye Contact

When The Light Goes On...

Autism in Love